Features and Cons of Android 7.0 Nougat
- This update is for system version EMUI 5.0. EMUI 5.0 optimizes the camera, battery management, and Phone Manager, and adds multi-user mode, to provide a secure and unique experience for you
- Added multi-user mode, which allows you to share your device and apps and protects your data and privacy Optimized the Phone Manager, making it easier to change settings and convenient to manage with more powerful functions
- Optimized the interactive gestures, enabling you to swipe left and right to switch between the mode and settings screens
- (Re: multi-user mode): Added a mode, which allows multiple users to access the same app with segregated personal data and privacy protection
- Added the Huawei-developed ROG power saving technology for the first time, which decreases the screen resolution to save battery power.
- Optimized the Phone Manager, which helps you manage your device more easily and conveniently.
- Optimized battery management, which allows you to check the battery power and battery power consumption for any period within two days.
- Optimized traffic management to automatically add the traffic leftover from the previous month to the current month
- Optimized the Weather app so that it can forecast weather for each hour including the probability of rainfall Added an entry for third-party social networking apps, such as WhatsApp, eSpace, and Skype, in the contact details screen
- Optimized the networking speed when international roaming is on.
- Optimized the registration time when the network connection is interrupted for environmental reasons
One thing you should know about the update before updating your Huawei P9: You may be able to update your Huawei P9 to this build, but chances are you may be stuck on it. Huawei would need to release an OTA specifically for this build to get you to a newer version. So even if you do flash it with minimal knowledge of fastboot (as you won’t need to use it for this), you may be stuck on this build and will need to either restore your phone entirely with HiSuite, or you may need to unlock your bootloader and to restore to factory software.