Message Blocking is a free T-Mobile service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone. This feature helps you avoid unwanted messages. The Primary Account Holder of the T-mobile service can add or remove the Message Blocking feature from his device.
Enable or Disable Message Blocking
If you’re the Primary Account Holder, you can enable or disable Message Blocking on My T-Mobile or through the T-Mobile App. This is how to change this service on your account following the procedures below.
But, before you enable or disable message blocking on your T-mobile account, Below are the few things you must know.
Things you should know:
- You can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and email.
- Messaging Blocking is intended to block all messages, not to prevent overages.
- Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
- Message Blocking won’t block instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phones.
How to Add or Remove Message Blocking
From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app
- Open the app. If you don’t have it, Download it Here
- Tap Menu > USAGE & PLANS.
- Tap View line details under the card for your line.
- Under Services, tap Manage Services.
- If prompted, log in with your T-Mobile ID.
- Tap the + symbol next to any service to see a description and pricing.
- Select a service you’d like to add and tap Next.
- Review your changes.
- Tap Agree & Submit to agree to the terms and conditions.
From a computer with My T-Mobile
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select PLAN.
- Select the line to change.
- Select CHANGE SERVICES and follow the on-screen steps.
If you’re having trouble finding Message Blocking when following the steps for changing your services, contact T-Mobile Customer Service
Messages that are not blocked with Message Blocking
These are type of messages that cannot be blocked if Message Blocking is disabled
- Free messages from third-party providers sent to notify you of purchased content
- Standard rated messages from short codes
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Email sent to and from your T-Mobile email (@tmomail.net) address
Block messages from a specific number
You can block messages from a specific number by adding Family Allowances to your account. Once Family Allowances is added, you can change your settings to block messages from a specific number.